My mother-in-law shares many of the same eating habits that my husband and I do. (Actually, she’s even more dedicated than I am, tbh.) She often comes across recipes on Pinterest and Facebook and shares them with me. I tried this one, merely because it (a) sounded good, (b) the recipe looked easy, and (c) the end product had a really pretty picture.
It ended up being a total WIN! It’s not just a crowd pleaser (they were gone almost as soon as they hit the table), but it’s also a huge time saver because you can make them ahead of time.
RECIPE: STUFFED PEPPERS (NSNG!)
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Teaspoon/butter knife
- Large mixing bowl
- 8 oz. Bacon, cooked (1 package)
- 2 lbs. Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 C. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 C. Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 large Jalapeno
Pin for later!
- Rinse the mini sweet peppers, and place on a paper towel or leave in colander to air dry while you work on the cutting.
- Use the paring knife to cut the top stem off the pepper off, and then carefully cut the ribs and pull out all the seeds. Do this for all peppers (feel free to set aside the smallest ones for munching vs. stuffing!).
- Chop or crumble the bacon, and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the jalapeno; keep some of the seeds based on your preferred level of spicy! Add to bowl.
WASH YOUR HANDS. Because: jalapenos.
- Add the soften cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
I used my Kitchen Aid Flex Edge Beater attachment on low-medium to help mix all the ingredients together!
- Once all the ingredients are well mixed, use the teaspoon and butter knife to stuff and fill all the peppers!
- Place all stuffed peppers on your serving dish and either serve right away, or cover with saran-wrap and chill (in the fridge) for the next day!